CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Whirlwind Days



Wow! Life is entirely too busy! It seems like so much has happened since I last wrote. The kids are growing up in a hurry and I can't keep up!

Ava is peeing and pooping in the potty now... (HALLELUJAH!!!) Just a few peeing accidents here and there, but I'm very impressed. She loves to poop... actually it's her stalling technique... anytime she should be going to sleep or doing something she doesn't want to do, it's "Mama I need to go poop." I hate to not take her even though I think she's crying wolf, because a lot of times she does go. I did have to start setting a timer, because she would sit there all day reading her magazine or book if she could. It's just amazing how it just clicks one day in their little brains! I am still putting a pull up on her for nap and bedtime. I think she would probably do OK as she wakes up dry many mornings, but I think it boils down to my laziness! (I wash enough already, right?) She's is enjoying these "almos hummer" days of friends and fun.

Little John is walking!!! Where, oh where, did my baby go? He still holds on to things sometimes, but I counted 8 sweet baby steps on Tuesday. Walking at 9 months seems insane, but I guess he's trying to keep up with big sis! I love the little proud face when we clap and congratulate him... he knows he's cool!! Our friend Jessica gave John is first haircut. He looks SO big now!

We helped celebrate my Grandma's 96th birthday on the 12th. What an awesome lady she is! She seems more like 70 than 96! I love that she still drives and emails and I love that the kids are getting to know their Great Ma.

Our friends Beth and Jason got married this past weekend. Congrats guys!

Travis had a good Father's Day on Sunday. Breakfast in bed, eating and playing outside with the kids after church, a nap and a movie. We are SO blessed to have him in our lives. He's an amazing Daddy and I'm so glad that our kids have a Godly man as a role model and leader.

The loft is moving forward.... slowly, but surely! Mom has been painting, (Thanks SO much Mom!) the kitchen cabinets are in, the floors are being sanded, and the contractor and crew are done. There's still a TON to do, but it's stuff we'll do ourselves. (I say we, but It's mainly my Handyman Extraordinaire, Travis!) It's been incredibly stressful, to say the least. I don't recommend construction or remodeling if you want a peaceful life!

0 comments: