CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Driving with Mrs. Daisy

Well, I've gone and done it... I've gotten old... at least I'm driving like it! My brilliant husband has discovered that if you drive as if you are an 80 year old, then you can see an increase of at least 5 MPG! As my last post expressed, the lack of funds has become a serious issue, SO extreme situations call for extreme measures. I am now driving at least 5 MPH BELOW the speed limit and shifting the car into neutral whenever possible. At first, the extremely fast, driver daughter of John Cox (those of you who raced me in high school know what I mean!) had serious issues with this and almost broke out in a sweat when someone passed me on the 4 lane. But now, it's become somewhat of a game. I actually enjoy seeing how far the van will coast and how many cars are following me way too close! Just kidding, I enjoy the coasting, but I try to pull off to let the normal folks pass me. When I had just gotten my license and was driving to high school (usually late...imagine that!) I ALWAYS got behind Fred Jackson. (He's passed away now, bless his heart.) His car never topped 25 MPH the whole 5 mile journey into town and he usually had between 15 -20 cars behind him until he pulled off at the Hub to eat his breakfast. So, with that still fresh in my mind... I will be a slow, but courteous driver whenever possible. So if you spot a tan Honda Odyssey moving at a snails pace, you can say a little prayer that I don't make too many people mad and that we arrive at our destination with just a little bit more gas in our tank and a little more money in our wallet!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

That has got to be the funniest picture I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Too funny =)

Unknown said...

hahahaha that picture is too much:)

Boni Faith Haynes said...

Yea.. Ava was a bit confused... she said Great Ma? Mama? See again, Mama!

Unknown said...

HA HA that's great, well I will try not to pass you in the silver honda mini van!! We could have a mini van race, I could see it in the newspaper, now.

Misty said...

How does it feel to look into the future(Ha!
That was just too funny, but I like your idea about saving gas.
I am going to try this on all the back roads I travel.

Anonymous said...

Boni, that truly is the funniest picture I've seen in such a long time. I'm absolutely cracking up as I try to type this to you. Jason Byrd and I have laughed and laughed this evening while reading your blog. You are a hoot. I love ya, girl. Thanks for brightening up our evening.