CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Bum Genius

In yet another effort to save a little $, I just bought some cloth diapers! Joe are you proud?I know nothing about cloth diapering and after going cross eyed reading online this morning, I decided on the Bum Genius 3.0. It's supposed to be the most like disposables. We shall see! I must admit I'm skeptical... ready to try but bit afraid... mainly about the washing. I know that women did it for years... but washing poopie diapers in the same washing machine as our clothes and washcloths that wash our face??!?!?! I'm not so sure about that!! But considering that every diaper I changed was costing a quarter.... this makes sense and we'll also be helping the earth. I will probably just use this on John, because I hope Ava won't need ANY diapers soon, but it's one size fit all so I could. Speaking of Ava... I just got the library to get "Toilet training in less than a day." Jenni had recommended this book after having success with Drew. Ava was almost potty trained before John came, but Mama's laziness after he arrived, didn't help matters. But, now I'm ready... beyond ready, and I think Ava is too! If anyone one has ideas on pottying or knows anything about cloth diapers let me know. So, maybe in a couple of weeks I really will be a Bum genius!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Boni. I have used cloth diapers on all my babies.With Stephanie, I used prefolds, pins, and plastic pants. That's all there was, no choice except disposables! With the boys I have used a combination of prefolds, Kissaluvs, and Fuzzi Bunz. With the prefolds, I use pins or a Snappi Diaper Fastener and Whisper Pants. The Whisper Pants are for the Kissaluvs too. The Fuzzi Bunz are waterproof by themselves and don't need anything else. I would tell you about washing the diapers, but just so I don't gross anyone out, how 'bout we talk on the phone. Call me! (768-8686) Just so you know, the cleanup isn't bad, or I wouldn't keep using cloth! I can't wait to get started again with my tiny diapers and the new baby!! Michelle

Unknown said...

On the potty training, Bribery works well.. Something simple like a sticker or a treat she likes. At least for most everyone I know. Aidan isn't not, and Grace trained herself, so I am the world's expert on it.

Jenni said...

Let me know how the cloth goes - I am sad to see my little ones grow up but diapers are one thing I don't miss - and the money - they are expensive.
I think the book will work for Ava. It's an easy read - you can probably just skim it and hit the main points.

Boni Faith Haynes said...

Well, SO FAR SO GOOD! Got the diapers in the mail yesterday and after washing them and enjoying the cuteness, I put them to work. John wore one while we went out for a stroll and I was impressed with how dry his little bottom was. Then I put in a doubler for bedtime and after one of those "nurse all night nights, " he only had a teeny tiny leak this morning. No poop yet.. we'll see how that goes!