CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Organic Eating

We've been trying to eat organically, especially since having kids. I found this on the Horizon website while getting a coupon... Dr. Greene's Organic Prescription. It's his recommendation for which foods are the most important to choose the organic options. I've seen lists very similar to this in other places, I just like the way he explains this. Also, I think this Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce is a great tool to keep in the diaper bag while at the grocery store. Unfortunately, in our small town of dear ol' Galax, it's so hard to find these things.... especially the produce. That's why I'm looking forward to the Galax Farmer's Market this year. The Galax Downtown Association with help from our new Market Master Sara, will be somewhat "new and improved" this year. The market opens next Saturday and we are hoping to have lots of vendors and activities this year. Come check it out!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the market is going to be better. I go to Independances some, Galax's was always somewhat disappointing! I switched to organic milk in 2006, when I read that's the most important thing to do organically. Between Aidan's autism and Grace's allergies/asmtha/eczma I feel its a good thing. Grace had to have only organic food as an infant, for eczma.

:)
Did you ever try that lotion I told you about? I have a small trial size if you would like to try it.

Anonymous said...

Eating organic is hard here in Galax. Yeah for the market opening soon. One day I went to four grocery store looking for organic foods for our family. Kroger's is getting better all the time. Hey, why don't you open a Whole Foods here! :)

Boni Faith Haynes said...

Oh, I would SOOO love to have a Whole Foods or Fresh Market here in Galax... maybe the right person will come along with a big pocket book... unlike my empty one!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, let's find a wealthy Galaxian who is into healthy eating and talk them into opening a Whole Foods or Fresh Market. But here in the land of fast food I doubt it will ever happen.

Ever thought of starting up a group for those of us who are into healthy eating? We could get together and have pots lucks! :)

Anonymous said...

I seriously think you should try out Independance's Farmers Market one sat, they have all kinds of stuff, even meat.

Boni Faith Haynes said...

The pot luck thing is awesome... give us a few months to get in the loft and we'll do it!!

We are hoping to have meat, eggs, cheese, cut flowers, and yummy produce at out market too! It may take a couple of weeks to get going as we were late getting started, but I think it will be awesome!

Sara said...

Aren't you sweet to give me a link? Our market is going to be great!