CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

The BUG!


Okay, enough already!!! Make it go away!!! Well, as the kids were getting over their colds, I was getting some sort of weird stomach bug. I was only sick in the early morning. If I wasn't extremely nauseous I was throwing up. But during the day I felt great. Yes, I know... nausea in the wee hours of the morning?!?!? No, Baby Haynes # 3 is not on the way. I think God was helping me, He knew I couldn't deal with it during the day with the kids by myself. Travis was so good... holding my hair, bringing the trash can, such an awesome man! Saturday it hit really hard and Grandma Haynes was here and took the kids. I thank God for her! The stuff would not stop coming out... nice huh!! Well, it's over now and I'm praying that the kids or Travis don't get it. It's NO FUN!

My Mom kept the kids on Valentine's Day and Travis and I got to go on a date!! (Thanks Mom!) It was wonderful! We went to Cissy's Food and Friends which just reopened on the 13th. It was where we had our first Valentine's day 6 years ago and our rehearsal dinner before our wedding. It was so nice just to sit and talk and enjoy each other's company in the candlelight. The food was great.. especially my favorite, Cissy's peanut putter pie! I told Travis that the night made me feel like a wife again. With the kids being sick, I've spent most of my time lately in Mama mode. I sure do love being Mrs. Travis Haynes!

Well, I missed church again on Sunday (last week because of the kids colds) and I really needed to hear something good. I looked around online and listened to a couple of podcasts from some churches and from some different people (Beth Moore, Kay Arthur) and nothing really hit me... SO, I clicked on the Cornerstone page and listened to Mike's message that I missed last week and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Way to go Mike! Well, really, way to go God and good job to Mike for listening! Check out his podcasts either on the church website or in itunes. (look for Cornerstone- Galax)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. I think God really spoke to a lot of people Sunday. Maybe we can finally have our lifegroup again this week. I hope no one else gets sick.

Unknown said...

Glad your feeling better!!

And glad you got to feel like a wife again!!